Mike's Grothoth Campaign
Plague Strikes Boarskyr's Bridge!!!
Back to the Grothoth page
- Caravans and travellers beware! Many people have been striken
- particularly virulent fever in the small trading village of
- Bridge--and some have even died!
- The fever appears to have started right after the Day of the
- While it is too early to tell precisely how the pestilence was
- the town at the crossroads of major caravan routes between
- Balder's Gate, some influential people are speculating it may
be the result
- of either the dreaded Yuan-ti, their allies, or another group
trying to brin
- them into even greater disfavor.
Strange Words From A "Former Thief"
- The town's first warnings came from a very unlikely source. A
- "Xenos", previously identified by this paper as a rougue and a
- insisted on spreading the alarm in taverns and the village
- "Xenos", dressed as an Acolyte of Azuth insisted he had been
struck down by
- the fever and healed directly by Azuth (Divine Intervention
for an active
- thief? Right!). He also insisted he'd been given a vision by
Azuth of a
- plague sweeping the town.
- His "former" associates were greatly amused
any of the Gentle
- Readers of this paper, had the plague not been real.
- At first, the leaders of this small, isolated, and vulnerable
- skeptical (and rightly so!). However, the persistence and
- nature of the rogue's arguments finally sunk in as dozens of
dead and dying
- members of the community were discovered.
Priests Turn Out To Save Town
- At the request of the strangely-robed acolyte, who turns out
to be one of
- V'Tar's many sidekicks (is anyone else skeptical of the
- supposedly holy warrior keeps?), the priests of all temples
- Boarskyr's Bridge turned up at the barracks of the City Watch.
- found the stalwart High Sherriff busily calming nervous
- organizing a house-to-house search for the victims of the
- Little time was lost turning the former sleeping quarters of
- defense force into a makeshift hospital--another type of
defense in the face
- of the current epidemic. The Waggler Staff wish to salute
- heroes who risk their lives trying to ease the suffering of
- fortunate than themselves.
What's Next? Dragons?
- One cannot help but to wonder what other possible fates are in
- other calamities can befall this poor, innocent village under
- "protection"? Between the fear of fire, the fear of attack by
- lizardmen, and the fear of deadly disease, the people might be
- very tired of being catapult fodder for every mislaid plan of
the Paladin and
- her Pals. Indeed, is this the real reason for the destruction
of their newly
- purchased "inn"?
In Other News
- 1. A man missing for two years is said to be walking around
town, trying to
- catch up on the latest gossip.
- 2. "Friends of The Family", a young man's social club that
- at the local "shield pie" eatery, is said to have lost a stone
- donated in memory of the formerly missing man. A small reward
is offered for
- information leading to its recovery.
- 3. Shadowy figures have been reported in alleys and darting
just out of
- sight of those attempting to investigate. This reporter feels
this is likely
- an "old wives tale" designed to intimidate locals into obeying
- laws and keeping children inside at night. However, with the
- kidnapping of the Lister family, it is good advice just the
- 4. Work on the razing and reconstruction of the former
"Grumbling Goblin" is
- proceeding, albeit slowly, due to work stoppages caused by
- and plague scares.