Mike's Grothoth Campaign
(As reported by the roaming reporter, Rebecca Mistworth.)
Eye yi yi
- Well, another scrying session came and went with no sign of
our new reporter. I guess it's back to the writing table for
- Watching our heroes, the Paladin's Palatines, in action again
made me remember what becoming an award winning journalist was all
about - excitement! The action, the eye beams, the arrows of
desparate futility all just seem to get the blood flowing. Mind
you, being on the safe of the crystal ball isn't nearly as
stimulating as invading a Beholder City, but, hey! I'm a reporter
not a nosy adventurer.
- Our heroes had their collective hands full with the
destruction of the hive mother only to find out that their demure,
scholarly tour guide of a wizard was a polymorphed beholder mage
incognito. "Velinax the Vermilion" betrayed the party after their
murder of the hive mother and started some major
oh-my-is-that-another-fireball stomping. But before he could turn
the party into party favors, four more beholders entered the fray
and starting attacking Velinax. Oh, what a delightful turn of
events. I couldn't make this up if I tried.
- After Velinax fled the scene, our little wounded invaders were
escorted to a shielded room. Say what you will about Mellion's
rhyming ability (and please feel free to send letters to me :),
but he is one of the finest scryers in the land. Nevertheless, his
efforts were fruitless in trying to penetrate the web of secrecy
with which our adventurers are involved.
- After what can only be assumed to be negotiations, they were
released to a nearby town to buy supplies.
- Oh my. What have they got themselves into? Where will they go?
Stay in touch. For as long as there are adventurers, I'll be
reporting about them.
- Ta ta for now!
Back to the Grothoth page