- Skylar was a minor Wizard employed by the Purple Dragons to
- investigate goings-on in the area. Because of his "nature"
- often got volunteered for those tasks where it wasn't
- prudent to send in more experienced or valuable members.
- he was sent either to areas where he couldn't cause any harm,
- to places where someone "expendable" was called for.
- This discrimination was usually due to his lacking the
- schooling and discipline of other mages and his tendency to
- rather, um, erratic, for lack of a better term. Many wonder
- he managed to even earn a position with the Dragons in the
- place. But that's another story.
- His last assignment with the Dragons was as the
- Mage in a small squad sent out to investigate some trouble
- the Dalelands. The detachment was mainly sent for show, as
- believed that the incidents being reported there were real or
- any consequence. As it would happen, much more was going on,
- of a more serious nature, than was originally thought.
- quickly became involved, joining and aiding a group of
- in putting an end to a rather nasty situation. In the
- he saw and experienced many things which would affect him in
- ways. (Death will do that to you).
- Upon returning from his travels, he left the Dragons and
- joined the Mystran church. As a scholar and Servant of Mystra,
- now serves where needed by the church, and continues to
- magical talents and knowledge.
- Recently, he was asked to seek out a ranger whose presence
- requested for official questioning. While tracking a
- wasn't exactly something he considered worthy of a mage, he
- the favor, so agreed to the task. Now, normally, tracking a
- would have proven difficult, as these defenders of nature tend
- not be found if they don't wish to be. However, in this case,
- went fairly easily, as the particular Ranger in question and
- current companions tended to leave a broad trail behind them
- pretty much anyone could follow.
- Having located the Ranger, Skylar presented the summons and
- that that was that and he could return to his studies.
- it was about that time that people started shooting at him. It
- that it was mistakenly thought that he was a member of the
- adventuring group whom a number of individuals seemed rather
- on, um, removing.
- As it would turn out, this misunderstanding eventually became
- Skylar joined with the group to aid in their quest for
whatever it is
- they're looking for.
- Besides, he needed a vacation. :)
- Recently, due to some freak, unanticipated magical, um,
mishaps, Skylar's appearance and manner have gone through a bit of
a change. At the moment, our illustrious Mage is of the opinion
that he is of Gnomish decent, and in fact, even has the physical
form, and manner, of a rather odd Gnomish fellow, currently
disguised as a baby Owlbear. The good news is that the case of
"leaf rash" has been cured.
Back to the Amber page